Make sure you check out fthebanks.org to read the whole article Matt Taibbi handed out at yesterday’s Occupy Wall Street day of action. This is just a teaser:
There are two things every American needs to know about Bank of America.
The first is that it’s corrupt. This bank has systematically defrauded almost everyone with whom it has a significant business relationship, cheating investors, insurers, homeowners, shareholders, depositors, and the state. It is a giant, raging hurricane of theft and fraud, spinning its way through America and leaving a massive trail of wiped-out retirees and foreclosed-upon families in its wake.
The second is that all of us, as taxpayers, are keeping that hurricane raging. Bank of America is not just a private company that systematically steals from American citizens: it’s a de facto ward of the state that depends heavily upon public support to stay in business. In fact, without the continued generosity of us taxpayers, and the extraordinary indulgence of our regulators and elected officials, this company long ago would have been swallowed up by scandal, mismanagement, prosecution and litigation, and gone out of business. It would have been liquidated and its component parts sold off, perhaps into a series of smaller regional businesses that would have more respect for the law, and be more responsive to their customers.
- williamdraper reblogged this from bankruptingamerica
- sinshine reblogged this from theriverwanders
- crussellm reblogged this from bankruptingamerica
- sans-nuage reblogged this from bankruptingamerica
- mawr-meow reblogged this from bankruptingamerica
- theriverwanders reblogged this from bankruptingamerica
- snarksandkisses likes this
- weebeasties reblogged this from bankruptingamerica and added:
- northcoastrandom reblogged this from bankruptingamerica
- bankruptingamerica posted this