Phantom Negro Weapons are those weapons which White Americans report black people having but which are never found for some strange reason.
- 1999: Amadou Diallo - shot 41 times, hit 19 times, died. His gun shapeshifted into a wallet.
- 2006: Sean Bell - shot 51 times and died after one of his friends reached for his gun. The gun cloaked itself and was never found.
- 2009: Oscar Grant - shot dead when he reached for his gun. Since it was a Phantom Negro Weapon, police failed to find it when they searched him before putting him face down on the ground.
- 2011: Kenneth Chamberlain - shot dead when he threatened armed policemen with a butcher’s knife. The knife, of course, being a Phantom Negro Weapon, did not appear on the video recording.
- 2012: Ramarley Graham - the gun in his waistband cloaked itself after police shot him dead in front of his grandmother.
- 2012: Trayvon Martin – no weapon was reported, but the way his killer acted you would think his Arizona iced tea and bag of Skittles had shapeshifted from something far more deadly.
- 2012: Rekia Boyd - was killed when police shot at Antonio Cross, whose gun shapeshifted into a mobile phone.
- 2012: Jordan Davis - killed after threatening Michael Dunn with a shotgun rather than turning down his music. The police were unable to find the shotgun. Maybe it will still turn up, but more likely it was Phantom Negro Weapon which has cloaked itself.
#p2 #p21 #TrayvonMartin #civilrights #humanrights #CTL
Twenty-eight Black People (27 Men and 1 Female) Killed by Police Officials, Security Guards, and Self-Appointed “Keepers of the Peace” between January 1, 2012 and March 31, 2012
Like every black parent in Britain, I’ve had to have “the talk” with my kids when they reach a certain age. Not the one about the birds and the bees, but the one where you prepare them for stop and search. You advise them what to do if it happens and you give them tips on what to do to avoid it. Don’t run in the street because you may look suspicious. People may think that you are fleeing the scene of a crime. Don’t hang around in the streets. Our young men are labelled as troublemakers, lazy and no good.Ava Vidal on Trayvon Martin and why the criminalisation of black children must end (via guardian)
To accept Zimmerman’s version of events and relieve him of any culpability is to ignore Trayvon Martin’s right to walk from the 7-11 back to his place of residence unthreatened. To accept Zimmerman’s version ignores Trayvon Martin’s right to “stand his ground” and defend himself against the perceived threat of an older and larger man following him and questioning his right to be where he is.What About Trayvon’s Right to Self-Defense? (via azspot)
A comment on Mediamatters on the article How The Right Deals With A Problem Like Trayvon Martin (via abaldwin360)
Whenever a Republican tries to claim they aren’t racist, let’s remember this #TrayvonMartin incident.
You see, Republicans could have easily taken the stand of defending the Stand Your Ground laws. They could have said they welcomed an investigation and believed that the investigation would show the truth.
But they didn’t do that. Instead, the went after the victim and portrayed him as someone who probably had it coming.
This is all we need to know about Republicans and how they approach matters of race. When given an opportunity, they didn’t hesitate for a second to smear a dead kid.
The racist smear campaign against Trayvon Martin, the unarmed black teen shot to death last month in Florida, has reached a new level of ghoulishness. A white supremacist hacker says he’s broken into Martin’s email and social networking accounts, and leaked his private Facebook messages. We’ve been able to confirm that at least one email account that belonged to Martin was cracked.
This makes me absolutely fucking SICK. I can’t vocalize properlly how fucking sick this makes me. and it proves to me more than ever that this entire fucking thing is steeped in *white supremacy* and not “white privilege.” this shit is exposing all the systemic violence people of color in general and black people specifically are living with in florida. THIS, folks, is why i don’t give a FUCK about reform. THIS. white supremacy can not be fucking reformed. (via note-a-bear)
This is stomach-churning.